How to handle a receding hairline
A receding hairline is one way through which hair loss manifests. It could be caused by leading an unhealthy lifestyle, stress, using too much hair products and unhealthy diets. Fortunately, a receding hairline can be reversed with ease.
Here are some ways to reverse a receding hairline:
1. Choose a healthy diet
Proper nourishment can remedy any physical problem. Foods rich in minerals and vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C, D and E and Omega 3 fatty acids are good for your hair. Eat meals with a lot of leafy vegetables, drink milk or prepare an egg. Avoid unhealthy habits such as consuming junk food.
2. Maintain your hair
In your daily routine, a few things to consider regarding maintenance of your hair include:
– Gently comb your hair. Harsh combing contributes to further hair loss. Use a wide-toothed comb that will not strain your hair especially at the roots.
– Avoid hairstyles that strain your hairline. Hairstyles that cause discomfort, redness or tiny painful bumps around your hairline are not right for you.
– Avoid harsh hair products that weaken your hair leading to a receding hairline. Most products contain harsh chemicals that cause hair deterioration. Choose products with less or no chemicals.
– Use alcohol-free hair products. Hair products with alcohol content dry up the scalp thereby worsening a receding hairline.
3. Shampoo your hair often
Shampoo your hair at least once a week. Use a moisturising shampoo and a good hair conditioner that will help recover your hair. Instead of using a hairdryer to dry your hair use a towel. This helps reduce strain on your hair that leads to hair loss.
4. Massage your scalp
Clogged hair follicles may lead to a receding hairline. Make it a habit to massage your scalp before going to bed. Massaging releases stress and helps regain lost hair. Use products such as olive oil, coconut oil or almond oil while massaging at night and clean your hair in the morning. Castor oil is also known to boost hair growth.
5. Appropriate pillow covers
During sleeping, friction caused by some pillow covers also contributes to hair loss. Opt for satin pillow covers over cotton and flannel pillow covers. Silk and satin pillow covers reduce friction to a minimum.
These tips can come in handy as you seek to reverse your receding hairline.